Tuesday, May 11, 2010

An Irishman's Birthday Poster design

I was recently commissioned to design a poster for a friend's Birthday (gone unnamed)... Little did I know it would turn into a nine-hour photoshop intensive assignment.
I was approached by a local cadre of Irish SF Socialites, all mutual friends of the birthday boy, who wanted to commemorate the special occasion with a limited edition of posters given to party guests. Easy, I thought.
Well, the design request called for "a fighting leprechaun dressed in a green tuxedo, conjured into reality by the birthday boy through a psychedelic array of flashbulbs and sparks in a fantastic character-come-to-life comic book cover look and feel".

I've had numerous request to share the design online.... Here it is! whew!

Note: all images used were sourced from an iphone camera. Yah! seriously.

No comments: